Consulting services are offered in Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering and Management, Bench Marking and Power Generation Engineering
In-house and external courses in Reliability Engineering, Maintenance Engineering, Management, Incident Investigation and related subjects are offered
We have expertise in specification writing in these areas:
Reliability, Maintenance, Benchmarking and Power Generation
We have developed and implemented a tried and tested audit methodology for application in the Maintenance and Asset Management Area.
Dr Edgar Bradley
Updated throughout for the second edition, Reliability Engineering: A Life Cycle Approach draws on the author’s global industry experience to demonstrate the invaluable role reliability engineers play in the entire life cycle of a plant.
Applicable to both high-cost, cutting-edge plants and to plants operating under serious budget constraints, this textbook uses a practical approach to cover the theory of reliability engineering, alongside the design, operation, and maintenance required in a plant. This textbook has been updated to cover the modern standards of maintenance practice, most notably the ISO 55 000 standards. It also covers linear programming, failure analysis, financial management, and analysis. This textbook refers to case studies throughout.
Taking a practical approach and drawing from the author’s global academic and work experience, the text covers the basics of reliability engineering, from design through to operation and maintenance.
A summary of our major recent clients in Africa and further afield:
Testimonials from consulting partners, students and customers:
— Maintenance Technician
The lectures were stimulating, with case studies, videos and group discussion.
— Maintenance Planning Manager, South Africa
I have been motivated into applying a more challenging mindset to workaday problems. I now have ideas on how to improve my managerial skills and the effectiveness of my maintenance planning section.
— Plant Engineer, South Africa
The most important aspect is that the lecturer is knowledgeable in the field of maintenance and does not accept that all the information out there is always true. All the material he presents is based on personal experience and logical conclusions are always drawn.
— Amazon Customer
This author's work appears to be backed up and based upon very heavy-duty experience. He has definitely been around the block more than a few times.
- Case Studies in Disaster: A milestone paper July 31, 2019
- Courses in Turkmenistan January 31, 2018
- Maintenance Audit of the Turkish Railway System January 4, 2018
- Recent training session at the Orpic Oil Company in Oman June 1, 2017
“The Heart of Engineering is a Heart for Engineering”
- Engineering is an activity which involves the whole personality of Man: his emotions, his skill and his intellect. In other words, it involves his heart, his hands and his head.
- Engineering activity is a spectrum along which the balance between hands and head changes. Artisans use more skill on the one end, but must also apply intellect, while at the other end of the spectrum, research engineers apply more intellect but must still possess a certain level of skill. What is common all along the spectrum is the passion for engineering – the heart component.
- The heart part is often disregarded, and this leads to less than successful engineering.
- Successful societies have a heart for engineering.